PREPARING FOR YOUR MOVE TO A SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY
Figure Out Where You Want To Live – SENIOR HOUSING SOLUTIONS CAN HELP YOU!
- Get a FLOOR PLAN with Dimensions
- Determine Move TIME FRAME
- A Medical Assessment may need to be scheduled
Get Your Paperwork In Order:
- Financial Application
- 1823 – Completed by Attending Physician to Move to Assisted Living
- DNR – Do Not Resuscitate – Must be Printed on Yellow Paper
- Living Will
- Power of Attorney
- Health Care Surrogate
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Veteran Discharge Records (if available)
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
Notify People/Businesses Of Your New Home:
- Doctors and Medical Professionals
- Financial Institutions
- Newspaper and Magazine Subscriptions
- Auto Registration and Insurance Carrier
- Voter Registration
Change your Mailing Address – go to: www.usps.com
Contact a Realtor: (We can assist if you need a recommendation)
- How long does it take for homes sell in your neighborhood?
- What staging advice do they recommend?
- Is it better to move before selling? Probably Yes!
Obtain a Liability Insurance Policy (Renter’s Policy)
Do you Need a Helping Hand? There are Professionals that are Trained to Help You.
- Downsizer/Move Manager
- Computer installer
- Personal assistant – light shopping, unpacking, etc.
Determine What to Move. Try to be Realistic about What to Bring
Order New Furniture/ Custom Closets – New Bed? Flat Screen TV?
Consider Purchasing a Safe for your New Apartment
Prepare your Mind to have Fun, for New Experiences and New Friends!
Yes, change is not easy, however with the right mindset, you will quickly be able to make this community your new home!
Please contact us at 239-595-0207 to print a copy of this checklist.