The Role of a Senior Housing Advisor
The Role of a Senior Housing Advisor
Do you handle your legal affairs without consulting with your attorney? Do you file your own tax returns without consulting with your CPA? Do you handle your financial matters without speaking with your financial advisor? Seeking the advice of an expert is a wise decision. An expert has years of experience in the specific area you are considering and has much more knowledge and resources available to give you the best possible advice.
Selecting and moving to a senior community is a life-changing decision. It involves a financial commitment, lifestyle choice, downsizing adjustment and many emotions. The last thing you would want to do is move somewhere and not be happy or find out the senior community has some financial or operational issues. Yes, you can try it do it on your own, however wouldn’t it be better to seek the advice of someone who truly knows the ins and outs of all the places you are considering?
Be wary of senior housing internet search providers. These companies aggressively advertise on the internet. What you don’t know is that once you call them or fill out their online form, they basically “own you” and will sell your contact information to third parties. You will be bombarded with phone calls and emails. The worst part is that these internet search providers know very little about the senior communities they are recommending. They seldom visit these places and are not current on any issues the senior community could be experiencing. They provide you with a list of places that they have under their contract, which may or may not fit you needs. It is much better to work with a Senior Housing Advisor who is knowledgeable about the local market and all the senior living options.
We know what you don’t know!
As a trusted senior housing advisor, our role is to provide you with the possible advice. We are familiar with all the places in the area and keep current on pricing, availability, significant operational and staffing issues as well as future trends in the market place. We do our best to match your needs and preferences to the best options available. We know that some folks are ready to make the move, but want the peace of mind of knowing they have reached ahead for their future options.
Senior Housing Solutions is locally owned and operated and has over 30 years’ experience in the senior housing industry. Our personalized approach allows us to get to know you and help you every step of the way. Our proven 5 Step process provides you with a comprehensive and objective information to help you with your decision. Best of all, our services are 100% FREE! It’s what we do!
- Step 1: We meet with you to get to know you, most of the times, this is done in the comfort of your own home. We discuss your needs and preferences and provide you with a list of assisted living options best fits your needs.
- Step 2: We schedule visits with communities of your choice and join you during these community visits to help represent you. We ask questions on topics you may not know to ask and follow up with you to discuss pros/cons of each of your options.
- Step 3: We review pricing, level of service plans and residency agreements to make sure you fully understand the fine print at these communities. We review State of Florida Health Care survey reports and negotiate pricing, as appropriate.
- Step 4: We provide you with comprehensive and trusted resources to assist you with the move transition and provide you with recommendations of key professionals, as necessary. We also provide you with resources to assist you with your Veteran’s Benefits.
- Step 5: After you move in, we will follow up with you to make sure you are happy with your decision. We will discuss any issues with community staff for resolution and communicate with your family, as appropriate.
We are in your corner, every step of the way!
We hear reviews from many of our clients who tells us that could not have done it without our help. Personally, I am not sure how anyone can make this type of decision with our expert advice and why would you want to? Our services are free so why wouldn’t you utilize them? We look forward to speaking with you.